The memory aid: an electronic cheat sheet for my failing brain.


No. 2: May we suggest a Size 10 for the lady?

When: 06 October 2007
Where: Curley-Forbes Residence, Oxford Mills, ON
Who: Miss Adelaide, aged one year, two months and eleven days
What: Trying my husband's shoes on for size

Why: Look how cute! Also, I felt like I needed to give something back to the people behind Rural Free Delivery as as they are constantly bringing joy to my life, usually in the form of pictures.





See also:
Oxford Mills, ON
My husband
Rural Free Delivery

4 comments:

The Lazy Diarist said...

Love the new format. We all knew you'd be back.

Thank you for the kind words. Glad you're still enjoying the site. It's hard to gauge; I know I could look at ADF for the rest of my days (and will be doing just that, in fact), but I wonder if it doesn't get a bit monotonous for other folks.

But The Memory Aid? It will be required reading, no doubt.

Nirmala Basnayake said...

Why, thank you!

Actually, it's funny, but there's something about Addy that is compulsively watchable. She's a charmer! I often find myself reviewing the videos taken at Thanksgiving with glee.

As for Rural Free Delivery, it's unmissable. If I posted a comment every time I fell in love with an Addy photo or one of your landscape scenes, I wouldn't get much else done. (Seriously, I still go back to that photo of Addy using the mouse as a phone, with that oddly smarmy yet hilarious expression on her face...I love it.) The family portrait outtake is wonderful.

The Lazy Diarist said...

Well, it's very nice of you to write such kind words. I'll only say that I truly enjoy doing Rural Free Delivery on a (semi-) daily basis.

I love the video because it reminds me of how great it was to have all you guys over for brunch at Thanksgiving. It was a good day. The memories will carry us through a Christmas bereft of your presence.

KKP said...

Yipee!! I am so glad your back. An early x-mas present. KKP

The pleasure is all mine.

The photo at the top of this page was taken by me, somewhere in the middle of Texas, on March 15, 2006.