The memory aid: an electronic cheat sheet for my failing brain.


No. 6: The first of the inevitable many.

'You're going grey, my baby.'

When: April 5, 2009, 7:20am MT
Where: Our bathroom at Pat & Hack's house, Cedar Crest, NM
Who: Me
What: Excited about my first grey hair!

Why: I'm not sure why I thought I'd only start going grey in my forties, and I don't know how quickly I'll sprout additional greys, but I like this change. Hack told me to blame it on the baby, who may or may not turn out to be the cause of my future greys. Of course, I might not like it as much if my grey hair arrives in patches instead of classy streaks. Also, maybe those classy streaks would look better in long hair than my preferred short. What if I wake up and find that I've gone completely grey overnight? A fright!


See also:
MT
Cedar Crest, NM
the baby
classy streaks
completely grey overnight
A fright! (Who is that? Click here!)


2 comments:

The Lazy Diarist said...

They're classy! And foxy! See: Emmylou Harris.

(NM? Does this mean you won't be home this week? Because we were wondering if you were up for an early dinner in TO on Thursday... Perhaps email is the proper forum for that discussion, though.)

Nirmala Basnayake said...

I would love it if the greys were foxy and classy, but I feel like I'll have less Emmylou and more skunk. Bah.

After taking the photo posted here, I plucked out the grey and put it in a plastic baggie for safekeeping. It's scrapbooking time!

The pleasure is all mine.

The photo at the top of this page was taken by me, somewhere in the middle of Texas, on March 15, 2006.